bp_seqfeature_load.pl module cannot connect to mysql

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 6 15:10:10 PDT 2010

On Oct 6, 2010, at 16:57, Rodolfo Aramayo wrote:

>> If the MySQL daemon's socket is not at the usual MacPorts location of /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock but somewhere else, you need to inform your MySQL client where that is. I believe that's done by editing the my.cnf file.
>
> To what my.cnf file are you referring to? The one located at: /private/etc/ sends mysql to /var/mysql/mysql.sock
> Is there a MacPorts my.cnf file? Where is it located?

MacPorts MySQL should look for my.cnf in all the same places as any other MySQL, but looking at the portfile now, I'm not certain it actually looks at (/private)/etc/my.cnf. (If it doesn't... I should fix that.) Try moving (or copying) my.cnf to /opt/local/etc/mysql5/my.cnf. Let me know if that works. If it does not, could you show me what's in your my.cnf?