MultiMarkdown and LaTeX

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 10 06:32:06 PDT 2010

On Oct 10, 2010, at 07:51, Tim Visher wrote:

> I'm now getting
> the following error when trying to run pdflatex.
>
>    dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libpoppler.6.dylib
>      Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/pdflatex
>      Reason: image not found
>    sh: line 1: 79920 Trace/BPT trap          pdflatex mmd.tex
>
> Is this something else that I can install via macports or is this a bug in MMD?

pdflatex (provided by the texlive-latex port) links with libpoppler.dylib (provided by the poppler port). When poppler was updated to version 0.14.x the version of the poppler library increased from 6 to 7 and every port linking with poppler needed to receive a revision increase in order to rebuild against that new version of libpoppler.dylib. It looks like this was overlooked for texlive-latex, presumably because it does not declare a direct dependency on poppler. (Instead, its dependency texlive-bin does.)

To work around this problem for now, you can force texlive-latex to rebuild, like this:

sudo port -n upgrade --force texlive-latex