error installing inkscape

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 10 19:49:43 PDT 2010

We should keep this discussion on the mailing list so others can chime in. Use Reply All in your email program to accomplish this.

On Oct 10, 2010, at 21:31, Rodolfo Aramayo wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 21:23, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Oct 10, 2010, at 21:19, Rodolfo Aramayo wrote:
>>> --->  Computing dependencies for inkscape
>>> --->  Fetching inkscape
>>> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for inkscape
>>> --->  Extracting inkscape
>>> --->  Applying patches to inkscape
>>> --->  Configuring inkscape
>>> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed
>>
>> One of the next lines should tell you where the log file is located. Send us the log file.
>
> Here we go
>
> Thanks Guys
>
> --R
>

> <main.log>

The relevant error in the log appears to be:

:info:configure checking for intltool >= 0.22... ./configure: line 5283: intltool-update: command not found
:info:configure  found
:info:configure configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.22 or later.

So, what version of intltool do you have installed? Do you have the intltool-update program in /opt/local/bin? Have you tried rebuilding the intltool port?

On Oct 10, 2010, at 21:36, Rodolfo Aramayo wrote:

> I must add...I also installed coreutils in between..a treasure I found by accident...

Unless you used the with_default_names variant of the coreutils port, this should not usually pose a problem.