llvm: clang not included in 2.8?

John B Brown jbb at vcn.com
Tue Oct 12 17:12:57 PDT 2010

	Even stranger; I did "which clang" and back came
/usr/bin/clang. So far my only ports are tex-live +full, gv, and gcc45.

	Boris has an error in his original software load or possibly he needs a
system update to 10.6.4.

On 10/12/10 6:02 PM, Takashi Yoshida wrote:

>          That's strange. I just tried `which clang` and it came back with '/opt/local/bin/clang'. I also tried running `port contents llvm` and it listed '/opt/local/bin/clang' among other things as well.I had older clang installed from version 2.6_2 and 2.7_2 and recently upgraded it to 2.8_0.Here's what I get when I run:`port installed | grep llvm`  llvm @2.6_2  llvm @2.7_2  llvm @2.8_0+clang (active)
>          Strange part is that older versions do not have any variants listed (+clang) and when I upgraded to version 2.8, it appears like it picked up clang variant (which is not listed if you run `port info llvm`) automatically.You can try installing the older version of llvm but you may also want to hear from the maintainers first.
>          -- Takashi YoshidaSent with Sparrow
>

>          On Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 5:12 AM, Boris Dušek wrote:
>
>              Hello,I installed the llvm port with version 2.8, but `clang' command is notincluded. I don't know if it was ever included in previous versions. There isno variant of llvm that would indicate turning clang on, neither is there aport with name clang. Is there any way to get clang from this or another port?Best regards,Boris Dušek_______________________________________________macports-users mailing listmacports-users at lists.macosforge.orghttp://lists.macosforge.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/macports-users

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"If any question why we died, tell them,
because our fathers lied."  Rudyard Kipling
"A man who does not know the truth is just an idiot
but a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie
is a crook."  Bertolt Brecht
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain

1-307-684-9068