Error: port activate failed: Registry error: No port of e installed.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 13 16:21:12 PDT 2010

On Oct 13, 2010, at 13:16, David Gentry wrote:

> Dear Ryan Schmidt, John B Brown, and Rainer Muller,
>
> Thank you all so much.  I used Disk Utility to verify and then repair permissions.  Then I executed "sudo port install apache2."  I got "sudo: /var/db/sudo writable by non-owner (040775), should be mode 0700."  After several tries, I corrected the ownership issue, and the "sudo port install apache2" command installed and activated apache2!  I had almost given up which would mean that I would abandon building my application.
>
> Now, all I need to do is install mysql5 and whatever other ports are required to use ports 80, 8500, and 3306.

Glad you got it working.

According to common usage, port 80 is for a web server and port 3306 is for a MySQL server, so you're on track there with Apache and MySQL. The IANA assignment list has port 8500 listed as "Flight Message Transfer Protocol". I don't know what that is, but perhaps you were using port 8500 for a different purpose (an alternate web server maybe).