Up to date MacPorts

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Oct 16 23:38:11 PDT 2010

I am using Mac OS X 10.6.4 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB DDR2 667 SDRAM.  Clean system for the most part.  I have always been on 10.6, ports has never crossed an upgrade path between major OS versions.

According to port:
  $port version
  Version: 1.9.1

I want to make sure I am current.  I think the 1.9 release moved to using a sqlite database.  I don't know how to conform I have made that upgrade/change correct, or if I need to reinstall.  I have no objection to doing so, or to reinstalling my port files either.

I run `sudo port -d selfupdate` from time to time, and am running it now.  After the big list of all the ports

Curious, I see rsync is used to sync the ports on selfupdate.  Is there an rsync server on the remote end, or is this just using  rsync on the client and there is no rsync server that has to be maintained.

Here is the output from `sudo port -d selfupdate` and also from `port installed`, and I am running a `sudo port update outdated` now as well.
    http://pastie.org/1226976 .

I just want to make sure I have the most current and best tools.  sqlite seems a great tool to have as a backend for MacPorts.
Thanks everyone!
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)