Setting Squid options

Haravikk me at haravikk.com
Sun Oct 17 03:46:21 PDT 2010

Hmm, tcpdump doesn't give me any useful information (well, it doesn't detect any packets at all that I can see when looking for any on port 3128), however in console I've noticed that natd is giving a ton of "failed to write packet back (Permission denied)" errors.

All I can find about the error is that it's a ipfw issue, however my ipfw rules are just the default:

10		divert 8668 ip from any to any via en5
65535	allow ip from any to any

So I don't see a problem here. en5 in this case is my network interface, annoyingly I'm stuck with it though and it's a USB device which is why I have the slow start-up time on it as the drivers don't load until after my system has started up. Could this delay be causing Squid to open a TCP port on an incorrect interface (e.g en0)? I've only specified a port number for it so it should just be a local port as far as I can tell.

The divert 8668 rule seems to be auto-generated, I think because I have internet sharing enabled (so I can connect with my XBox 360).

Thanks,
Haravikk