texlive-latex refuses to download

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 18 23:53:01 PDT 2010

On Oct 18, 2010, at 21:37, John B. Brown wrote:

> 	Both the port command and a direct download from http://distfiles.macports.org/texlive-latex/ of texlive-latex-15495.tar.bz2 refuse to complete. What can be done to the file to correct that state?

The file should download from that server; it works for me. If it doesn't for you, perhaps there is some network problem between you and that server.

> 	I re-aimed my browser at http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/texlive-latex/ and successfully downloaded the proper file, texlive-latex-15495.tar.bz2 but I don't know exactly where in the /opt/local/ tree to place it. I know it is somewhere under /opt/local/var but do not know where to put it so it can be seen by port as being in place for the texlive compile sequence.

Put the file in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/texlive-latex

This is in the ProblemHotlist in our wiki:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#fetch-failures