Problems w/ MacFUSE & SSHFS

Johannes Ruscheinski ruschein at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:22:33 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2010, at 18:13, Johannes Ruscheinski wrote:
>
>> I just installed the macfuse and sshfs ports on a MacBook Pro running
>> a 64-bit kernel.  After trying to mount a remote filesystem with
>> sshfs, I got the following error:
>>
>> /Library/Filesystems/fusefs.fs/Support/fusefs.kext failed to load -
>> (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found; check the
>> system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
>> the MacFUSE file system is not available (71)
>>
>> I then ran "port activate -f macfuse" and got:
>>
>> Error: port activate failed: Image error: macfuse @2.0.3_3 is already active.
>>
>> Any idea on what could be wrong?
>
> Presumably the fusefs.kext is built for 32-bit only, and thus would not work with a 64-bit kernel.

How would I force it to be built for my 64-bit kernel?  AFAIK all my
MacPorts are 64 bits.  (How do I check that?)

--
Johannes

Obligatory current favourite quotes:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
false, and by the rulers as useful".
 -- Seneca
"I have more confidence in the methods of science, based on the amazing
record of science and its ability over the centuries to answer
unanswerable questions, than I do in the methods of faith (what are they?)."
 -- David J. Gross "Physics Nobel Laureate"

"Atheism is a religion to the same extent that not collecting stamps is a
 hobby."
 -- seen on Slashdot.org