Problems w/ MacFUSE & SSHFS

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 20 16:35:45 PDT 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 18:22, Johannes Ruscheinski wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>

>> On Oct 20, 2010, at 18:13, Johannes Ruscheinski wrote:
>>
>>> I just installed the macfuse and sshfs ports on a MacBook Pro running
>>> a 64-bit kernel.  After trying to mount a remote filesystem with
>>> sshfs, I got the following error:
>>>
>>> /Library/Filesystems/fusefs.fs/Support/fusefs.kext failed to load -
>>> (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found; check the
>>> system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
>>> the MacFUSE file system is not available (71)
>>>
>>> I then ran "port activate -f macfuse" and got:
>>>
>>> Error: port activate failed: Image error: macfuse @2.0.3_3 is already active.
>>>
>>> Any idea on what could be wrong?
>>
>> Presumably the fusefs.kext is built for 32-bit only, and thus would not work with a 64-bit kernel.
>
> How would I force it to be built for my 64-bit kernel?  AFAIK all my
> MacPorts are 64 bits.  (How do I check that?)

"port -v installed" shows you what architecture(s) MacPorts intends to have built each port for (though that's no guarantee that's the architecture the port was actually built for) (and this information is only recorded if the port was built with MacPorts 1.9 or greater).

To see what architecture(s) a file was actually built for, use "lipo -info" on it, for example:

lipo -info /Library/Filesystems/fusefs.fs/Support/fusefs.kext/Contents/MacOS/fusefs