Problems w/ MacFUSE & SSHFS

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Fri Oct 22 17:14:22 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 03:13:28PM -0700, kevin beckford wrote:
> I respectfully request some clarification:  How can I determine it
> 'works for me' because the thread checking is off?

Well, first of all, it's only incompatible with a 64-bit *kernel* --
are you running one? Most 64-bit systems are using 64-bit applications
and a 32-bit kernel. IIRC, the only machines that boot into the 64-bit
kernel by default are the latest Mac Pros and various Xserves. You can
check which you're running with `uname -p`; it will report i386 for a
32-bit kernel or x86-64 for a 64-bit kernel.

If you're using the macfuse port or the official MacFUSE installer, you
should be safe -- they simply won't work on a 64-bit kernel.

> http://www.tuaw.com/2008/12/09/macfuse-updated-to-2-0-now-includes-64-bit-and-snow-leopard-supp/

This post was from before Snow Leopard was released; 64-bit kernel
support broke sometime in the interim. See
http://groups.google.com/group/macfuse/browse_thread/thread/97951b355e57db56

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/