macports through firewall

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 29 02:45:29 PDT 2010

On Oct 29, 2010, at 04:43, Dr. Madhurjya P. Bora wrote:

> Much the same results.
>
> --------
> [Scarlett:~] mpbora% cd /opt/local/
> [Scarlett:/opt/local] mpbora% find . -name dports
> ./var/db/dports
> ./var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
> ^C
> [Scarlett:/opt/local] mpbora% cd var/db/dports/
> [Scarlett:var/db/dports] mpbora% sudo portindex
> Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
> Creating port index in /opt/local/var/db/dports
>
> Total number of ports parsed:    0
> Ports successfully parsed:    0
> Ports failed:            0
> Up-to-date ports skipped:    0

As you see, that's the empty dports directory MacPorts was unable to populate via rsync. You said you've set things up with a new dports directory that you checked out somewhere via Subversion. That's the directory that now needs to be indexed. As I said, running "sudo port sync" will do so automatically for you.