macports through firewall

Dr. Madhurjya P. Bora mpbora at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 02:43:02 PDT 2010

Much the same results.

--------
[Scarlett:~] mpbora% cd /opt/local/
[Scarlett:/opt/local] mpbora% find . -name dports
./var/db/dports
./var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
^C
[Scarlett:/opt/local] mpbora% cd var/db/dports/
[Scarlett:var/db/dports] mpbora% sudo portindex
Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
Creating port index in /opt/local/var/db/dports

Total number of ports parsed:    0
Ports successfully parsed:    0
Ports failed:            0
Up-to-date ports skipped:    0

[Scarlett:var/db/dports] mpbora%
[Scarlett:var/db/dports] mpbora% sudo port install xsane
Password:
Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
Error: Port xsane not found
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
[Scarlett:var/db/dports] mpbora%
[Scarlett:var/db/dports] mpbora%
[Scarlett:var/db/dports] mpbora%
[Scarlett:var/db/dports] mpbora%
[Scarlett:var/db/dports] mpbora% cd
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/
[Scarlett:svn.macports.org/trunk/dports] mpbora% sudo portindex
Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
Creating port index in
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports

Total number of ports parsed:    0
Ports successfully parsed:    0
Ports failed:            0
Up-to-date ports skipped:    7461

[Scarlett:svn.macports.org/trunk/dports] mpbora% sudo port install xsane
Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
Error: Port xsane not found
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
[Scarlett:svn.macports.org/trunk/dports] mpbora%

--- Madhurjya