Vhost Config issues

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 02:16:04 PDT 2010

> And somehow you are asking for Apache to include everything in the
> extra/vhosts directory?

In httpd.conf I just saw I do no include them as I have commented them out:

# Virtual hosts
#Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

And that I need to add a vhosts.conf or adjust the file name in httpd.conf .
I wonder how I could add more vhost files...

> You need to define a default vhost as the first vhost it loads. That means,
> if you're automatically loading everything in extra/vhosts, write a file
> which will sort first alphabetically and set up your default vhost in that.
> Or define the default vhost directly in httpd.conf.
>

> > I think I should different ips per setup on my localhost, which I will
> try shortly, but I think I have mistakes in my vhost setup as well. Any help
> would be appreciated...
>
> You can use IP-based virtual hosting if you want, but there's no need to;
> name-based virtual hosting works fine if you set it up correctly, which
> isn't hard to do.

So I d not need these lines:

##
> 127.0.0.1    localhost
> 127.0.0.1       jaspersmbp
> 127.0.0.1       dev-wordpress.com
> 255.255.255.255    broadcasthost
> ::1             localhost
> fe80::1%lo0    localhost

 in my HOSTS file as long as I have vhost files to takae care of it? I see
it still only understand a tiny bit...