Vhost Config issues

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 02:48:06 PDT 2010

OK I have activated virtualhosts by uncommenting this line in
/opt/local/apache2/httpd.conf:

$ cat httpd.conf | grep httpd-v
Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

in httpd-vhosts.conf I have:

$ sudo cat httpd-vhosts.conf
#
# Virtual Hosts
#
# If you want to maintain multiple domains/hostnames on your
# machine you can setup VirtualHost containers for them. Most configurations
# use only name-based virtual hosts so the server doesn't need to worry
about
# IP addresses. This is indicated by the asterisks in the directives below.
#
# Please see the documentation at
# <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/>
# for further details before you try to setup virtual hosts.
#
# You may use the command line option '-S' to verify your virtual host
# configuration.

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost *:80

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for all requests that do not
# match a ServerName or ServerAlias in any <VirtualHost> block.
#
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-host.example.com
    DocumentRoot "/opt/local/www/"
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerAlias www.dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log"
#    CustomLog "logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log" common
</VirtualHost>
#
# Pull in all my virtual hosts, which are filename format of
hostname.example.com.conf
# ie: ends in .conf
Include conf/extra/vhosts/*.conf
# -- END --
#
#<VirtualHost *:80>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-host2.example.com
#    DocumentRoot "/opt/local/apache2/htdocs/apt1"
#    ServerName apt1
#</VirtualHost>

So all new VirtualHost configurations in conf/extra/vhosts/ should be
loaded, right?