Meld X11 Error

Matthias Ohmsen mohmsen at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 3 03:06:15 PDT 2010

Hi all,

> Please do not respond off list.
i'm sorry.

> 1) It says it is already loaded... so I think you're fine.  It's loaded.  The context of the original message has been lost on me, so I don't know what to do from there.  Is the problem that it isn't loaded even though it says it is?  What does 'launchctl list org.freedesktop.dbus-session' show?

launchctl list org.freedesktop.dbus-session
{
	"Label" = "org.freedesktop.dbus-session";
	"LimitLoadToSessionType" = "Background";
	"OnDemand" = false;
	"LastExitStatus" = 0;
	"PID" = 209;
	"TimeOut" = 30;
	"ProgramArguments" = (
		"/opt/local/bin/dbus-daemon";
		"--nofork";
		"--session";
	);
	"Sockets" = {
		"unix_domain_listener" = (
			file-descriptor-object;
		);
	};
};

> 2) The CFURLWriteDataAndPropertiesToResource error is odd.  -10 is kCFURLUnknownError which doesn't give much help.  Is it maybe a permissions issue?  What about:
>
> ls -l /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.502/overrides.plist
> cat /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.502/overrides.plist

ls -l /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.502/overrides.plist
-rw-------@ 1 ABC  wheel  0 28 Jul 23:10 /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.502/overrides.plist

calling
cat /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.502/overrides.plist
doesn't give any result

The original message is:
> when starting meld i keep getting the following error:
>
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-ypOcnp/org.x:0".
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/opt/local/bin/meld", line 102, in <module>
>   meldapp.main()
> File "/opt/local/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 921, in main
>   app = MeldApp()
> File "/opt/local/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 425, in __init__
>   self.prefs = MeldPreferences()
> File "/opt/local/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 366, in __init__
>   super(MeldPreferences, self).__init__("/apps/meld", self.defaults)
> File "/opt/local/lib/meld/prefs.py", line 92, in __init__
>   self._gconf.add_dir(rootkey, gconf.CLIENT_PRELOAD_NONE)
> glib.GError: Der Konfigurationsserver konnte nicht kontaktiert werden; mögliche Fehlerquellen sind, dass TCP/IP für ORBit nicht aktiviert ist oder auf Grund eines Systemabsturzes alte NFS-Sperren gesetzt sind. Unter http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ erhalten Sie weitere Informationen (Details –  1: Verbindung zur Sitzung konnte nicht abgerufen werden: Not enough memory)

regards
Matthias