Dbus problem

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 01:42:35 PDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu> wrote:

> --On September 3, 2010 2:33:26 PM +0400 Jasper Frumau <
> jasperfrumau at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  jaspersmbp:~ jasper$ sudo launchctl list | grep dbus
>> 48    -    org.freedesktop.dbus-system
>> jaspersmbp:~ jasper$ sudo launchctl list | grep dbus-session
>> jaspersmbp:~ jasper$
>>

>> I guess not. I wonder why and how to restart it. Any ideas?
>>

>  launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
>
> Do *not* use sudo on that command.  Doing so creates a session dbus for
> root, you want one for your ID.  Because of permissions you may need to do
> it once with sudo and then leave off both sudo and "-w".  If the Disabled
> property in the plist is False (or missing) the -w parameter is not
> relevant.

Thanks Mike. odd, but after a restart all was solved somehow:

jaspersmbp:~ jasper$  launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
org.freedesktop.dbus-session: Already loaded
jaspersmbp:~ jasper$ gedit

(process:718): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-8pDnEF/org.x:0".

** (gedit:718): WARNING **: Could not load theme icon system-file-manager:
Icon 'system-file-manager' not present in theme

As you can see I did no longer get a dbus error... Thanks a lot fr your
reaction. I appreciate it a lot!