Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Sep 4 05:24:28 PDT 2010

On Sep 4, 2010, at 07:20, Dan Panpourine wrote:

> I have a problem with installing MacPorts 1.7.0 on my Mac with SnowLeopard on it

Version 1.7.0 is not compatible with Snow Leopard, and we never support older versions of MacPorts. The current version is 1.9.1; please install that:

http://www.macports.org/install.php

I suspect you may have been deceived by a third-party web site. You may want to read:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/DarwinPortsFraud

> When I try to remove the port by "%% sudo port -F uninstall installed"
>
> Can you help me to do something to the ports.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> It gives respone of: no such job

You're not supposed to type the "%%" part.

Also, the flag is "-f", not "-F".