Deleting outdated archives

Linc Davis ld-temp-fr94 at pobox.com
Tue Sep 7 21:41:48 PDT 2010

Does anyone know of a way to automatically delete outdated archives of ports that aren't necessarily installed? I archive and uninstall the unrequested build dependencies of my requested ports after each update session. When those dependencies are updated, I end up with archives of the previous versions that have to be removed manually. I've tried things like 'port clean --archive ...' but I don't see any way to specify that archives of versions other than the current one are to be deleted. 'port clean --archive outdated' doesn't work because it misses uninstalled ports. Thanks for suggestions.