Deleting outdated archives

André Kaplan ak.ml at laposte.net
Wed Sep 8 05:36:36 PDT 2010

Hi Linc,

I don't know any such tool in macports but I'd be curious to know if
one exists.

If you want to clean the archive of an old port you have to specify
its version and variants.
In my last batch of cleaning:
$ sudo port -v clean --all gmake @3.81_0
You might want to use --archive instead of --all but I also don't want
too much clutter in the distfiles directory.

If gmake had variants you would write something like:
$ sudo port -v clean --all gmake @3.81_0+variant1+variant2

Some variants like macosx, darwin* don't need to be specified.

Anyway I wrote a script which helps me keeping the archive folder clean.

Regards,
André