Help in writing a portfile: "configure: error: cannot find socket library"

Jon Hermansen jon.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:05:09 PDT 2010

Hi Paulo,
 It would be helpful to have a diff of the complete './configure'
step's output that you get from the terminal vs. what you're getting
from building through MacPorts. Also, if you could attach your current
version of the Portfile, I'd be willing to help debug it...

If you're looking for a quick fix (and don't need the sockets
facility) you can add '--disable-sockets' to configure.args