Help in writing a portfile: "configure: error: cannot find socket library"

Paulo Moura pmoura at di.ubi.pt
Thu Sep 16 19:21:15 PDT 2010

On 2010/09/17, at 02:05, Jon Hermansen wrote:

> Hi Paulo,
> It would be helpful to have a diff of the complete './configure'
> step's output that you get from the terminal vs. what you're getting
> from building through MacPorts. Also, if you could attach your current
> version of the Portfile, I'd be willing to help debug it...
>
> If you're looking for a quick fix (and don't need the sockets
> facility) you can add '--disable-sockets' to configure.args

Thanks for your suggestion. Trying yo disable sockets lead me to find that MacPorts was trying to build GNU Prolog 64 bit, which is not supported. Forcing 32 bit compilation by using "configure.build_arch i386" seem to did the trick :-)

Cheers,

Paulo

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal

Office 3.18  Ext. 3276
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Email: <mailto:pmoura at di.ubi.pt>

Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
Research:  <http://logtalk.org/> Blog: <http://blog.logtalk.org/>