loss of pdflatex

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Fri Sep 17 15:11:53 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 05:47:19PM -0400, Emden R. Gansner wrote:
> However, there was still no pdflatex link, and no texmf.cnf.

Something appears to have gone very wrong in your installation, but
it's not something I've seen before.

texmf.cnf should be installed by texlive-common into
/opt/local/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf (and symlinked in
/opt/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf). Without it, it's unlikely that
anything will work.

This might be the reason you're missing pdflatex, although I would have
expected installation of texlive-latex to error out if it failed to
build.

> Should I uninstall and re-install something?

Not having any better ideas, I would uninstall texlive* and reinstall
the texlive metaport. If it still doesn't work, please open a ticket,
cc me, and attach the debug log from building.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/