loss of pdflatex

Emden R. Gansner erg at research.att.com
Fri Sep 17 16:17:10 PDT 2010

Dan Ports wrote:
>> Should I uninstall and re-install something?
>>

> Not having any better ideas, I would uninstall texlive* and reinstall
> the texlive metaport. If it still doesn't work, please open a ticket,
> cc me, and attach the debug log from building.

I have done this and things look appreciably better.

First, I notice that .sty files that were in /opt/local/share/texmf-dist
are now in /opt/local/share/texmf-texlive-dist.

Second, pdflatex almost finishes except I get

! Package graphics Error: No driver specified.

See the graphics package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

which says

You should make a default driver option in a file
graphics.cfg

The odd thing is that when I run pdflatex as root, everything works fine.

    Emden