Dia

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 20 14:29:05 PDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 15:53, Z wrote:

> For your diagnostic, I did have installed a lot of special libraries related to
> http://apron.cri.ensmp.fr/library/
> like gmp, ppl, gcc4.0... Maybe that is the source of evil.

Perhaps, depending on where they got installed. gmp and gcc40 are available in MacPorts. gcc40 is very old by now so I don't know if it can still be compiled, but newer versions like gcc45, gcc44, gcc43 should work. I see we also have a ppl port in MacPorts, though I'm not familiar with it.

> Oh, I may have forgotten one thing, the Ocaml installed in my system was initially for linux but it compiled well in my Mac OS 10.5.

So you probably just compiled ocaml by hand from source, much like MacPorts does for you. You're probably better off using the MacPorts ports if they're available (for example, the ocaml port). If you do compile things by hand, make sure the prefix you choose is not /, /usr, /usr/local or /opt/local. A good choice would be /opt/something where "something" is anything other than "local".

> And I also use fink, since all software is not supported by Macport.

You shouldn't use Fink and MacPorts together. Decide on one package manager and uninstall the other. They will likely interfere with one another otherwise, in much the same way that having software in /usr/local would interfere with MacPorts (and I presume with Fink as well).

If software you want is not in MacPorts, you can file port request tickets in our issue tracker and perhaps someone can add them.