MacOS 10.6.7: OpenCV + Python27

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 5 19:19:45 PDT 2011

On Apr 5, 2011, at 20:06, Brickle Macho wrote:

> I am trying to install OpenCV, QT and Python on MacOS 10.6.7 via Mac
> Ports.  Everything seems to install except for OpenCV.   I am just
> learning Python, OpenCV and QT so hopefully I may have overlooked
> something simple, like setting an environment variable.

MacPorts clears the environment, so environment variables should not be able to affect a MacPorts build.

> The MacPorts
> OpenCV installation fails.

> tail -20
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_opencv/main.log
>
> :info:build Generating file index...
> :info:build Generating example index...
> :info:build Generating file member index...
> :info:build finalizing index lists...
> :info:build finished...
> :info:build /opt/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report
> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_opencv/work/OpenCV-2.2.0/CMakeFiles
>
> :info:build [ 74%] Built target DOXY_HTML
> :info:build make[2]: ***
> [modules/features2d/CMakeFiles/opencv_features2d.dir/src/matchers.o] Error 1
> :info:build make[1]: ***
> [modules/features2d/CMakeFiles/opencv_features2d.dir/all] Error 2
> :info:build make: *** [all] Error 2
> :info:build shell command " cd
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_opencv/work/OpenCV-2.2.0"
> && /usr/bin/make -j4 all " returned error 2
> :error:build Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed
> (see log for details)
> :debug:build Backtrace: shell command failed (see log for details)
>    while executing
> "command_exec build"
>    (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
>    invoked from within
> "$procedure $targetname"
> :info:build Warning: the following items did not execute (for opencv):
> org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
> org.macports.install
> :notice:build Log for opencv is at:
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_opencv/main.log

It builds fine for me, and those last 20 lines of log don't seem to be enough to be able to tell what went wrong. You're building with 4 jobs ("-j4") so the real error could be hundreds of lines back.

Please clean and try again:

sudo port clean opencv
sudo port install opencv +python27

If it fails again, please file a bug report in the issue tracker and include the entire main.log file. (You'll probably want to compress it before attaching it since it will be large.)