How do I do a complete uninstall of a port?

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 10:29:29 PDT 2011

I installed a port because it read as though it was just what I wanted. When I started to use it I found it wasn't so I uninstalled it using 'sudo port uninstall --follow-dependencies openbrowser'. Will this get rid of ALL the files that were brought across in the install?

The reason I ask is that if I search for openbrowser in Finder using cmd-F there are 5 instances where openbrowser is part of the filename and 12 files that contain the string openbrowser. These could have been there before I installed it but they might be left lying around. In case it helps, one of the files is: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/sysutils/openbrowser/files/openbrowser.

Barrie.