How do I do a complete uninstall of a port?

Jason Swails jason.swails at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:42:34 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Barrie Stott <zen146410 at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> I installed a port because it read as though it was just what I wanted.
> When I started to use it I found it wasn't so I uninstalled it using 'sudo
> port uninstall --follow-dependencies openbrowser'. Will this get rid of ALL
> the files that were brought across in the install?
>
> The reason I ask is that if I search for openbrowser in Finder using cmd-F
> there are 5 instances where openbrowser is part of the filename and 12 files
> that contain the string openbrowser. These could have been there before I
> installed it but they might be left lying around. In case it helps, one of
> the files is: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
> rsync.macports.org/release/ports/sysutils/openbrowser/files/openbrowser.

These were there before.  MacPorts carries along with it a complete list of
sources that are supported and maintained.  Rest assured that the only
things that reside here are patches required to make the build process go
smoothly for Macs and the Portfile that defines how the install is done.

All the best,
Jason

> Barrie.

Jason M. Swails