ssconvert in a cgi script

Geoffrey Brown geobrown at indiana.edu
Wed Apr 6 12:43:26 PDT 2011

I'm trying to run ssconvert in a cgi script (on the fly file conversion).
I've done this with no problem on linux,
but the whole dbus thing seems a bit of a mess on OS X.

In my user account, I can run ssconvert after executing the following
launchctl command

load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

This doesn't work for a cgi script which lacks the necessary permissions.
ssconvert then fails
with the following error

GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale
NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to
connect to socket /tmp/launch-jgzlTc/unix_domain_listener: Permission denied

Any idea how to work around this ?