Compile failure? gnome-keyring

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Apr 16 20:11:37 PDT 2011

First, a partial resolution: on a lark I tried installing gconf, which was able to install eggdbus.  I have no idea why this should be the case, but I'm not going to argue with success.

The relevant bits of gnome-keyring's log file are here:

:info:activate I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/opt/local/etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas"
:info:activate Failed to open `/opt/local/etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas': No such file or directory
:info:activate shell command "export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source` &&  gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule /opt/local/etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas" returned error 1
:error:activate Target org.macports.activate returned: shell command failed (see log for details)
:debug:activate Backtrace: shell command failed (see log for details)
    while executing
"$post $targetname"
:info:activate Warning: the following items did not execute (for gnome-keyring): org.macports.activate
:error:activate Failed to install gnome-keyring

And yet, I see I have gnome-keyring and gnome-keyring-daemon installed, and repeating "sudo port install gnome-keyring" gives me just a computing dependencies message and a cleaning message -- there's no attempt to rebuild it, which suggests to me MacPorts thinks it's installed.

I'm going to continue trying to get GNOME installed tonight, but so far it's a very confusing process.