Compile failure? gnome-keyring

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 17 00:04:07 PDT 2011

On Apr 16, 2011, at 22:11, Robert J. Hansen wrote:

> First, a partial resolution: on a lark I tried installing gconf, which was able to install eggdbus.  I have no idea why this should be the case, but I'm not going to argue with success.
>
> The relevant bits of gnome-keyring's log file are here:
>
> :info:activate I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/opt/local/etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas"
> :info:activate Failed to open `/opt/local/etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas': No such file or directory
> :info:activate shell command "export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source` &&  gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule /opt/local/etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas" returned error 1
> :error:activate Target org.macports.activate returned: shell command failed (see log for details)
> :debug:activate Backtrace: shell command failed (see log for details)
>    while executing
> "$post $targetname"
> :info:activate Warning: the following items did not execute (for gnome-keyring): org.macports.activate
> :error:activate Failed to install gnome-keyring
>
> And yet, I see I have gnome-keyring and gnome-keyring-daemon installed, and repeating "sudo port install gnome-keyring" gives me just a computing dependencies message and a cleaning message -- there's no attempt to rebuild it, which suggests to me MacPorts thinks it's installed.
>
> I'm going to continue trying to get GNOME installed tonight, but so far it's a very confusing process.

This bug is already filed here:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/28392

gnome-keyring did install properly, but its post-activate phase failed with the error you showed. Based on the solution proposed in the ticket, which is that the post-activate block should be removed, it may not have been important, so you can perhaps ignore this error. Perhaps the maintainer of gnome-keyring (whom I'm Cc'ing) can say for sure.