GCC44 fails to build in MacOSXServer

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Mon Apr 18 23:23:43 PDT 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 22:30, Jason Swails wrote:

> What I've heard from C programmers is that malloc.h should rarely (never?)
> be explicitly included anymore, anyway.  In any case, I think Apple omitted
> that header from /usr/include for a reason.

Yes, malloc.h is not part of a standard.  FreeBSD deprecated it back in 4.3 (we're approaching 9 now), and that probably goes for other Libcs that provided it as well.  It looks like glibc has it for backwards source compatibility and decreased portability, but at least their man pages say to include <stdlib.h>.