DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Fri Apr 22 22:38:57 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:59:21PM -0400, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> Thank you for this: however, now we've just got a different error.
>
> Failed to start message bus: launch_msg("CheckIn") IPC failure:
> Operation not permitted
>
> EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon
>
> ... and gnome-session aborts again.

Oh. Yes, I have the same problem.

It looks like what's happening is that gnome-session is attempting to
start dbus via dbus-launch. This isn't needed because launchd will take
care of starting dbus and letting applications find it.

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with gnome-session so I don't
know if there's a way to get it to not try to start dbus.

(Why are we installing dbus-launch anyway? My understanding is that
with our launchd-enabled dbus, it shouldn't be used and apparently
doesn't work. But I am no dbus expert, so perhaps I'm missing
something.)

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/