Install ufraw-batch without x11 and other dependencies

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Apr 24 06:55:55 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-20 06:32 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2011, at 21:55, Chris Jensen wrote:
>> I just want a command line batch processor. There's variants. Is
>> there any way to install ufraw or something equivalent without
>> installing a window manager and sound codecs ???
>
> Hmm, yes, you're right. ufraw has a very large number of
> dependencies. You could ask the maintainer of the ufraw port, or the
> developer of the ufraw software, if they're all really necessary.
> gimp2 seems to be the main problem.

The ufraw port provides both the ufraw tool with a GTK+ interface and
ufraw-batch to be used on the command line. It also includes a plugin
for GIMP.

It would be possible to move GTK+ and GIMP to variants as the
corresponding configure flags exist. But the gimp port currently depends
on ufraw to include the plugin by default. So maybe splitting into
multiple ports would be a better solution.

Rainer