Compile PostGIS 2.0 (SVN)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 25 11:22:02 PDT 2011

On Apr 25, 2011, at 12:53, JP Glutting wrote:

> Thanks Ryan, that was what I needed to do. It seems to configure correctly, and when I run make I get this series of errors:
>
> In file included from shp2pgsql-core.c:15:
> shp2pgsql-core.h:17:21: error: libintl.h: No such file or directory

So you need to tell it where libintl (a.k.a. gettext) is. It's also provided by MacPorts.

You may need to set CPPFLAGS to -I/opt/local/include, LDFLAGS to -L/opt/local/lib, CPATH to /opt/local/include, and/or LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/local/lib; these are all variables MacPorts sets automatically when building ports, and which, when you want to build manually and use MacPorts software as dependencies, you should set manually in your build environment.