Compile PostGIS 2.0 (SVN)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 25 20:47:37 PDT 2011

Replying back to the list...

On Apr 25, 2011, at 16:16, JP Glutting wrote:

> Thanks Ryan,
>
> I tried this:
>
> sudo ./configure --with-projdir=/opt/local --with-raster CPATH=/opt/local/include CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib

They're environment variables, not arguments to the configure script.

Also, FYI, you don't need to use root (sudo) to run the configure script, nor to make the software. You only need root access to make install.

Try this: First, delete your source directory and unpack it from the tarball again, to ensure we start from a clean slate. Then:

export CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
export LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib
export CPATH=/opt/local/include
export LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib
./configure --with-projdir=/opt/local --with-raster
make
sudo make install