segfault

Jason Swails jason.swails at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:06:45 PDT 2011

On Apr 27, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2011, at 19:39, Jason Swails wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Roger Pack wrote:
>>> I did a $ sudo port install wine
>>> it eventually overheated my [poorly fanned] macbook, causing a system reboot.
>>>

>> What version of Mac OS are you running?
>>
>> Try installing wine-devel instead.  That has always worked just fine for me.
>
> wine should also work. The choice between wine and wine-devel is whether you want the stable version

Ah, for me it said wine wouldn't work for me -- I had to install wine-devel instead. I forget why, it was a long time ago. I thought maybe the portfile was hacked to remove this check

> or the development version. Whether you want MacPorts to crash or your Mac to reboot itself is not a factor in the decision. (Obviously you never want MacPorts to crash or your Mac to reboot itself, and no port in our collection is known to exhibit that behavior.)

I must not have read carefully enough. If it was indeed a forced reboot and crash I'd guess with you.

Jason

--
Jason M. Swails
Quantum Theory Project,