activate installed packaged

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 30 09:57:41 PDT 2011

Please use the Reply All function, not the Reply function, so others can benefit from this discussion.

On Apr 30, 2011, at 11:52, Kraus Philipp wrote:

> Am 30.04.2011 um 18:47 schrieb Ryan Schmidt:
>
>> Please use Reply All so this discussion stays on the mailing list.

>>> Sorry, I've read them, because I have installed swiprolog before macports. I have uninstalled macports with this instruction and reinstall it, but I get the error again
>>
>> That should not be possible. Please try uninstalling again. Verify, after uninstalling MacPorts, that /opt/local/bin/xmlwf does not exist anymore. Then install MacPorts again, and install the expat port and verify it installs correctly. Do not install the swi-prolog binary package again. If you need swi-prolog, install the swi-prolog port in MacPorts.
>
> But I've not uninstall my swi prolog, so should I do this? Uninstall macports and swiprolog and reinstall macports?

Well, my understanding is that the swi prolog binary package installs into /opt/local. Thus, following the MacPorts uninstallation instructions...

http://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.uninstalling

...which include completely removing /opt/local, would result in the swi prolog binary package being uninstalled.

If you have some other means of ensuring the swi prolog binary package is uninstalled, by all means follow it, but since it's an Apple Installer package, and Apple Installer doesn't have an uninstall mechanism, I'm not sure what that would be.