.profile file possible corrupted?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Mon Aug 1 10:04:09 PDT 2011

james collins said:

> does macports come with snow leopard?

(1) No. Macports is a voluntary project, completely independent of Apple.

> when I went into terminal some how my computer started downloading all this software. Which surprised me
> because originally I just wanted recoll. Like one of the things my computer downloaded was python.
>
> And I think my computer was configuring and installing this software. So I wondered is this the basic idea behind macports, ...

(2) This is the basic idea behind macports: your computer compilers
configures and installs your application from source, including all
the dependencies, such as languages like python, libraries and
utilities.

(3) Please read http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Your computer will thank you.