gcc 4.6 port for OSX Lion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 4 08:00:33 PDT 2011

On Aug 4, 2011, at 09:51, vincent habchi wrote:

> Le 4 août 2011 à 16:42, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> Yes, although the date of that version is the same day the final 4.6.0 version was released, so it can't be too terribly different.
>
> Thanks for pointing out this: I hadn’t even checked. Yet, it is impossible, with this port, to build both fortran and java, it seems.

Yes, the gfortran and java variants are conflicting. Pre-release versions of the gcc ports have always had this restriction, though there is no need for it. I submitted a patch three years ago to fix it but the maintainer declined to apply it:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/16410

But as you noticed gfortran doesn't work with gcc46 anyway right now:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/30166

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why the the maintainer of the port has not updated it to the final version. (Final-version gcc ports have always included gfortran and java support before, and for gcc46 that seems not to be possible right now.)