gcc 4.6 port for OSX Lion

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Thu Aug 4 08:09:15 PDT 2011

Ryan,

> Yes, the gfortran and java variants are conflicting. Pre-release versions of the gcc ports have always had this restriction, though there is no need for it. I submitted a patch three years ago to fix it but the maintainer declined to apply it:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/16410

Any good reason why?

> But as you noticed gfortran doesn't work with gcc46 anyway right now:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/30166
>
> Perhaps that is one of the reasons why the the maintainer of the port has not updated it to the final version. (Final-version gcc ports have always included gfortran and java support before, and for gcc46 that seems not to be possible right now.)

Ryan, you’re just brilliant! I hadn’t seen this report: in fact, I get the same error on Lion, and opened a radar. But I am not sure it will be duly considered (or maybe duplicate).

By the way, Portfile for llvm-devel and dragonegg (based on gcc45) are working. May I submit those?

Cheers,
Vincent