texlive-basic update broken

Paulo Moura pmoura at di.ubi.pt
Tue Aug 9 13:23:41 PDT 2011

On 09/08/2011, at 15:07, Dan Ports wrote:

> Have you upgraded the rest of your ports too?

Given that texlive-basic is one of the first ports installed when installing texlive and that most other texlive ports require texlive-basic to be already installed, how would you do that? Besides, I would expect most user to simply type "sudo port upgrade texlive".

> You will see some errors like that while parts of texlive have been
> updated to their 2011 versions but other parts are still at their 2010
> version. Once `port upgrade outdated` completes, everything should be
> working again.

The same problem occurs after uninstalling first the 2010 version by typing:

sudo port -f uninstall texlive-*

Cheers,

Paulo

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal

Office 3.18  Ext. 3276
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Email: <mailto:pmoura at di.ubi.pt>

Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
Research:  <http://logtalk.org/> Blog: <http://blog.logtalk.org/>