texlive-basic update broken

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Tue Aug 9 13:38:18 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 03:23:41PM -0500, Paulo Moura wrote:
> Given that texlive-basic is one of the first ports installed when installing texlive and that most other texlive ports require texlive-basic to be already installed, how would you do that? Besides, I would expect most user to simply type "sudo port upgrade texlive".

Yes, that should work. During the upgrade process there may be some
transient format generation failures, but they shouldn't stop the
upgrade, and once the upgrade finishes the errors should be resolved
and you should have a working installation.

If `port upgrade texlive*` or `port upgrade outdated` isn't working for
you, can you provide a log?

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/