texlive-basic update broken

Paulo Moura pmoura at di.ubi.pt
Wed Aug 10 08:42:01 PDT 2011

On 09/08/2011, at 17:19, Dan Ports wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:55:04AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> The only really sane way would be to remove the whole texlive first,
>> reinstall version 2011 and only then generate the formats.
>
> It isn't necessary to uninstall the previous version first. Once all
> the ports have been updated to their 2011 version, the correct formats
> will be installed. The usual `port upgrade outdated` will take care of
> it.

Mojca spotted the problem (thanks!): it seems that I had an older version of "texlive-lang-cjk" installed that was not being reported by "port" as such (I had some trouble when moving to Lion and is possible that I messed up something). Anyway, after chasing and deleting all "texmf*" and "texlive*" folders and files on "/opt/local", I was able to successfully install the 2011 version of TexLive. Thanks you all for the great support.

Cheers,

Paulo

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal

Office 3.18  Ext. 3276
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Email: <mailto:pmoura at di.ubi.pt>

Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
Research:  <http://logtalk.org/> Blog: <http://blog.logtalk.org/>