How to install a perl packages that is not available in mac port?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 10:32:59 PDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 11:49, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, is there a chance that a cpan package will not work with port?
> If it is always going to work, can we automatically port all cpan
> packages to mac port so that less human intervention is needed?

There's always a chance, although CPAN packages are generally getting better
about playing along with package systems  But the real problem with this
idea is that it means something has to monitor CPAN to detect and convert
new packages — and with the size of and amount of sheer cruft on CPAN,
that's incredibly wasteful.  Better to add packages on demand.