port selfupdate fails

Andrew Long andrew.long at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 13:14:15 PDT 2011

> On 15 Aug 2011, at 21:12, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>

>> On Aug 15, 2011, at 13:36, Andrew Long wrote:
>>
>>> On 15 Aug 2011, at 18:52, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>>>
>> <snip/>
>> The perl5 portgroup was just hours ago converted into a new unified format which is probably going to cause some issues for a few moments while things settle down. Things should be better in a few hours, or tomorrow.
>>
> I'll do that tomorrow

Did that. The Perl upgrade has worked, but I'm still having problems with the Mono (see below)

>> For the other issue, please delete /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework. You don't need to install the MacPorts mono ports unless you have a need for them; MacPorts isn't going to use them.

I left ports trying to build mono last night, and twenty four hours later, it was still building mono. There was a process running the /Library/Frameworks/mono.framework that was consuming an awful lot of mill. I killed and and cleaned mono, then got a new version of the mono framework from the mono web site, and tried to do the self-update again. No Joy.

I note a comment at the web site that the current release of mono for OSX is 32-bit only, and I'd need to build a 64-bit one myself. Haven't found the destructions for that yet. I'm going to try deleting the mono framework and having another go at the selfupdate.

Regards, Andy

--
Andrew Long
andrew dot long at yahoo dot com