disk I/O error (10) while executing query: ATTACH DATABASE '/opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db' AS registry

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 19 11:56:02 PDT 2011

On Aug 19, 2011, at 11:13, Kevin Reid wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2011, at 8:58, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I have apparently royally screwed my registry.
>>

>> $ port info zlib
>> sqlite error: disk I/O error (10) while executing query: ATTACH DATABASE '/opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db' AS registry
>> All I did was interrupt a build:
>
> I find it less likely that anything MacPorts does could cause a disk IO error, than that you actually have a disk problem. Check the system logs for kernel error messages, and make sure your backups are up to date!

I do not believe I have any disk problem. Disk Utility shows no problem. I am able to copy the registry file just fine without any I/O errors.

I find it entirely likely that MacPorts has corrupted the SQLite registry. I feel the MacPorts SQLite registry code may still be somewhat brittle, as I have experienced numerous other odd SQLite registry errors that I have not yet reported, and the SQLite registry is still new and has not been used by all users until the flat registry was removed in MacPorts 2.