cannot upgrade from 1.9.2 to 2.0.1 ...

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 26 20:00:14 PDT 2011

On Aug 25, 2011, at 20:43, Stefan wrote:

> That was it! Thank you!
> ... so I temporarily mv-ed that directory, where I have other useful stuff (e.g. witeshark, some network & security tools, etc.). I wonder what'd happen once I mv it back (and also if I'm stuck with doing this from now on)?!?

We recommend you do not have any software in /usr/local. As you have seen first-hand, it interferes with MacPorts and its ports.

Instead, install any software you need by using MacPorts. We have a wireshark port, for example.

If ports do not exist for the software you want to use, you can request them, or write them.