double port entries?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Aug 30 15:54:39 PDT 2011

On Aug 30, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Terry Barnum wrote:

> Just added a couple ports (imagemagick, qrencode) and noticed some duplicate port entries. Is this normal or have I borked something up? I recall using Migration Assistant to move to this machine earlier this year from another SL Mac.
>
> $ port list installed | uniq -d

^^^ that doesn't do what you think it does

you probably want 'port installed'

... and you'll see that your 'duplicates' are likely just inactive ports (left over from upgrading, probably).

You can run 'sudo port uninstall inactive' to remove them if you don't want to keep them around.

You can use the -u flag with upgrade to have them automatically uninstalled when upgrading.
--
Daniel J. Luke