adding pdflib to php4

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 4 01:37:09 PST 2011

On Feb 4, 2011, at 03:17, Leez wrote:

> I already have php4 installed via macports, and I installed pdflib via 'sudo port install pdflib'.  However, when I pull up phpinfo, I don't see PDF support.
>
> I looked up the variants for the php4 port, but pdflib is not one of them, so reinstalling php doesn't seem to be the answer.
>
> I was going to add 'extension=pdflib_php.so' to php.ini, but I searched for a pdflib_php.so, and can't see that one exists, so I'm not sure where to point the extension directory.  Not sure where to go from here.

PHP in MacPorts was not made aware of separately-loadable extension files until php5 @5.3.0. I never bothered to go back and do the same for php4 because PHP 4 was end-of-lifed some time ago.

Perhaps I can add a pdflib variant to the php4 port for you. But you really should upgrade to php5.

Then again, we don't have a php5-pdflib port either. I suppose that should be created first.